[ Quiz Script | | Text Completion Quiz ]
|difficult||description, personality types||conversation||two men||01:27|
|I. Pre-Listening Exercises [Top]|
1. In a small group, describe the "ideal" partner for you. Think in terms of personality, educational and family background, socioeconomic level, job, and personal values and beliefs.
|II. Listening Exercises [Top]|
1. First, listen to the conversation by pressing the "Play Audio" button and answer the questions. Press the "Final Score" button to check your quiz.
2. Listen to the conversation again as you read the Quiz Script.
3. Do the Text Completion Quiz. Fill in the missing words you hear.
|III. Post-Listening Exercises [Top]|
[ Quiz Script || Text Completion Quiz ]
- What is your image of the ideal partner? Record your own opinion focusing on such factors as appearance, personality, character, and interests. Share your recording with another student and have them respond to your opinion.
- With a partner, take the roles of the two men in this conversation and practice the dialogue.
- How other cultures view the concept of the "ideal" partner differently from your own?